There will be no American Pharoah this year, but even without the dramatic story line, the Kentucky Derby has become known as “the most exciting two minutes in sports.” But more than that, it’s an excuse to wear a big hat and sip on minty whiskey. These parties will offer you a place to do just that when the race rolls around Saturday.
- Derby in the City is more than just a watch party. Take in live music from Houndmouth, Jamestown Revival and more before gathering around the jumbotron for the main event.
- Brass House hosts Talk Derby to Me 2 benefiting Leukemia Lymphoma Society’s Woman of the Year candidate. Drink cocktails, play games and dress up to compete for prizes.
- Mint juleps compete for the title of Austin’s Best at Opal Divine’s Eighth Annual American Whiskey Festival. Each attendee also has the opportunity to sample 13 of the 60 whiskeys on the lineup.
- Juleps not your thing? Drink.Well. is also offering Bourbon punches, Kentucky Hot Browns and other southern cocktail staples.
- Geraldine’s first Derby party sounds almost like the rest of them, except this venue has a pool.